Thursday, September 30, 2010

September 29th 2010

Each week the amount of food we have varies. Last week we had tons of things to chose from and this week the miscellaneous shelf was almost empty. I never knew private donations made such a huge difference. I figured that corporations would sponsor the food bank and use it as a tax write-off. I do think that's a major factor, but I'm not completely sure.
Next week I'm going to bring in a turkey for the upcoming holiday season. They make turkey baskets with like stuffing mix and cranberries. It's really a nice touch for families that can't afford it. I also want to bring in some produce from my garden. I have an abundance of lemon cucumbers. We accept a lot of produce, which I didn't think about. I thought it was all cans or dried food. I think that's really cool considering how a diet of all prepackaged food isn't good for anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment